Crock Pot Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
My family has declared Crock Pot Chicken Caesar Sandwiches the best sandwich ever...need I say more? Yes! It's quick and easy thanks to frozen chicken breasts and a crock pot.
- 4 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts (frugal tip: always keep a big bag of Costco's frozen chicken breasts in your freezer!)
- 1 cup Caesar dressing (our favorite is T. Marzetti's refrigerated Caesar dressing)
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- romaine lettuce leaves
- hamburger buns or Torta Rolls from Costco (the best!)
- Place frozen chicken breasts in a crock pot.
- Add ½ cup water and cook on low for 3 - 4 hours or until chicken is done.*
- Drain chicken and return to crock pot.
- Shred chicken using the back of a spoon.
- Add caesar dressing, parmesan and pepper.
- Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 30 more minutes.
- Serve on toasted buns with romaine.
recipe adapted from Chef in Training.