Summer Essentials under $20
Although the unusually warm weather has left it feeling like summer for months already, the real deal is just around the corner! As summer nears, chances are that you will begin shopping around for the season’s must-have items. You know, those few items that you just can’t seem to live without? In case you aren’t sure what to expect from the upcoming season, check out these hot summer staples — all under $20, of course!
- Great swimwear — Whether you are planning a vacation to a beautiful beach or plan to spend Sundays by the pool of your apartment complex, the perfect swimwear is essential! When choosing a bikini, a tankini, or a one piece, be sure to pick something that is comfortable and good for your body type. This great bikini (you can never go wrong with black!) adds a pop of color with neon strings on the top and bottoms. The best part? Each piece is under $20 at Walmart!
- Perfect Pair of Shades — Although sunglasses are a staple year-round, they are especially important in the summer. And while it’s fun to play with color, having a simple brown or black pair is a must. These oversized sunglasses are not only a perfect match for any ensemble, but they are only $11.96 and conveniently available for purchase online.
- Skin Illuminator — Looking to add extra glow to your look this summer? Skin illuminators are available from a variety of cosmetics brands, formulas, and price points. Whether you choose a liquid form (NARS is an absolute favorite!), or a powder such as this Maybelline Mineral Powder, you will be left with a bright, shimmering look that is a perfect match to your sunkissed skin.
- Sparkly sandals — Sequins, glitter, and jewels galore, this season is all about sparkly kicks! Perfect for adding a little pizzazz to any outfit from maxi dresses to shorts and a tee shirt, bejeweled sandals can be found at nearly any retailer or boutique store, and come in a variety of price levels ideal for any budget. The ones above are only $12 at JCPenney.
- Summer Nail Color — While often overlooked, your nails can easily be your best accessory! Summer is about fun, and your nail color is the perfect way to show it! This season, choose shades in neon and pastel tones ranging from typical pinks to funky blues and purples. Essie is a favorite brand of polish for its long-lasting wear, pretty hues, and good price.
What are your essentials for this summer??
written by: Sarah Heckle
Author bio: Sarah Heckle is a Indianapolis fashion blogger who’s always looking for a good deal!