Tickets for a family of four to the circus $200.
Tickets for a family of four to a baseball game $100 – plus parking, plus concessions!
Fun on a budget?
20 Ways to Have Fun for Less
- Groupon.com is a great source for huge savings on fun things to do in your area like 62% off admission at the Houston Museum of Natural Science! Sign up to receive the best daily deals!
- Try a high school football game or theatre performance for a cheap evening out.
- How about breakfast and a movie? AMC theatres offer $6 movies before noon.
- Watch your old wedding video and family videos.
- Pull out your wedding album on your anniversary.
- Have a wine tasting night at home and discover your favorite cheap wine. Simply cover a few bottles with brown paper, taste and rate!
- Host a cooking school for your kids – it’s time to stop watching the Food Channel and start cooking!
- Game night is a great family tradition to start! For a fun twist, add silly bets like loser does the dishes!
- Create your own Wii Family Olympics by playing a different sport each night – ideal for winter break.
- Check out FactoryToursUSA.com for a state by state listing of free tours.
- Find free events in your city by doing a quick internet search…the results might surprise you! West Palm Beach offers free concerts every week!
- Pizza Taste Test – buy assorted frozen pizzas, taste, rate and choose your new favorite.
- Start a family tradition of having ice cream sundaes on Saturday!
- Try Minute to Win It challenges at home, click here for a list of challenge ideas.
- Bring back home birthday parties! You really don’t need to spend $300+ for an ice skating party or Build-A-Bear party. The Budget Diet’s party index has ideas for all ages.
- Enjoy the outdoors – take a hike, go for a bike ride, watch the sunset! Mother Nature has a lot of free fun to offer.
- If you’re a Bank of America customer, enjoy free admission to zoo’s and museums the first weekend of every month! Check their website for a complete listing of participating museums and zoos.
- When’s the last time you went to the library? Check out books, movies and more. Our library offers free yoga and zumba classes!
- Don’t forget about organizations like Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts and 4H for affordable fun!
- A neighborhood pot luck party is one of my favorite memories, and it’s frugal fun at its finest!
How do you have fun for less?
In full disclosure, this post contains affiliate links to help support The Budget Diet girl! My advice will always be unbiased and free, but free won’t pay the bills! Thanks!