You may have seen the advertisements for companies that deliver fresh food to your door – along with recipes – to help you create a delectable meal. Did you know there are companies that use this same concept for smoothies?
It’s tur. Smoothies are all the rage. They are well-loved by fitness buffs and those trying to lose weight and attain a healthier lifestyle. But not just any smoothie will do. While popping in a few fruits in the blender with some juice and ice may be your preferred method of making a smoothie, consumers want more. They want smoothies that create results, which is why many are looking to green smoothies filled with superfoods that help them feel full, give them energy and even lose weight.
Buying the right superfoods is not an easy task. We live busy lives and grocery shopping is not always a priority. We may not be knowledgeable about what foods to incorporate into a smoothie. Plus, many stores do not have a large selection of the foods needed to create healthy smoothies. Companies are capitalizing on this need by delivering fresh, organic fruits, vegetables and superfoods right to your door.
One of the companies on the smoothie bandwagon is Green Blender. Green Blender offers plant-powered ingredients that you can use without even leaving your home. You get farm-fresh ingredients delivered to your home on a weekly basis for as long as you like. With Green Blender, you can blend the ingredients whenever you like. Create a smoothie first thing in the morning or have one later in the day to boost your energy.
The mission of Green Blender is to help consumers feel happy and healthy. The company believes that this can be accomplished through three easy steps: chop, blend and drink. Fruits and vegetables are essential parts of everyone’s diet and drinking a smoothie for breakfast helps achieve your nutritional goals. Anyone of any fitness level can enjoy the smoothies and feel healthier in no time.
Green Blender offers convenience by delivering everything you need right to your door. All you have to do is add ice and water and supply a blender.
How Does Green Blender Work?
Green Blender is a subscription service that deliveries ingredients on a weekly basis. You can continue for as long as you want and cancel when needed. You can also skip deliveries if you like.
Each box costs $49.90 and includes enough ingredients for five smoothies, as well as six disposable straws for enjoying the smoothies. At nearly $10 a smoothie, this may seem costly. However, keep in mind that each smoothie is supposed to contain two servings, although most people drink the entire smoothie in one sitting. Each serving contains 100-300 calories.
Your ingredients are meant to last for the week in which they are delivered. Once you make a smoothie, it is recommended that you drink it immediately. However, if you use a sealed container, your smoothie will stay fresh for up to 24 hours when kept in the refrigerator. You can also pour leftovers into an ice tray and place in a freezer to keep your smoothie fresh for up to one month.
There are eight smoothies available each week, all following a similar theme. You have the option to choose five of them. All smoothies are made from fresh fruits, vegetables and superfoods that include fiber, protein, carbohydrates, healthy fats and sugar.
Types of Smoothies
There are more than 900 different smoothies available. You can view them based on the benefit they provide. Many offer high protein, high fiber or energy boosts, while others boost immunity, improve skin, relieve stress or provide anti-inflammatory benefits. Many of the smoothies work as meal replacements, so if breakfast isn’t your favorite meal of the day, just make a delicious smoothie.
The ingredients vary from day to day. You will have the opportunity enjoy exciting flavors such as Kiwi Strawberry Detox, Chocolate Banana Berry, Green Mint Refresh, Sweet Ginger Orange, Blue Citrus Crush and hundreds more.
Pros of Green Blender
Green Blender has many good things going for it. You may wish to try the service to experience the following benefits:
- All ingredients are organic and vegan. No animal food goes into these smoothies, which is great for those with dietary restrictions and preferences.
- It’s a convenient way to get healthy. You get your fruits and veggies in one convenient smoothie. The smoothies have also helped many people lose weight.
- The smoothies are quick and easy to make. Each smoothie contains fewer than seven ingredients, so even with prep and blending, you’ll have a smoothie ready in just a few minutes. Even those with busy lifestyles can enjoy these smoothies.
- Most of the recipes contain protein. Your body needs protein to build and repair tissues. These smoothies help you meet your nutritional goals. There are at least 3 grams of protein per serving.
- The smoothies are a low-calorie breakfast option. There are just 100-300 calories per serving, so even if you drink the entire smoothie, the most you will consume is 600 calories. Not a bad way to start off your day.
- Many of the options taste pretty good. This may be subjective, but if you like a variety of fruits and vegetables, you’ll probably enjoy most of these recipes.
Cons of Green Blender
Green Blender has many great benefits, but no subscription service is perfect. There is always room for improvement. Here are some common complaints about Green Blender:
- The instructions are unclear. The recipes require some ingredients to be frozen or peeled. Some ingredients have to be used at room temperature, while others need to be refrigerated. The instructions do not make this clear, and this can alter the outcome in terms of taste and nutrition.
- Some ingredients expire before use. Green Blender uses fresh ingredients, which is great. However, this means many of them need to be used right away. Some users have been disappointed to find rotten fruit when the package first arrived. It may be difficult for users to determine which smoothies to make first to prevent this from happening. It would be good if Green Blender provided a recommended order for optimal freshness.
- The serving size is unrealistic. Each smoothie contains 24 ounces, but the recommended serving size is only 12 ounces. This may not be enough to power someone until lunch, which means most people end up drinking the entire smoothie.
- The nutrition facts presented are not consistent. The recipe cards contain nutritional information about each smoothie. Some mentioned carbohydrates and others didn’t. Plus, the calorie counts for each seemed too good to be true.
- Availability is somewhat limited. Green Blender currently does not deliver to parts of Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Wyoming, Wisconsin, and Michigan.
- Expensive for what you get. Many of the complaints focus on the price. A majority of users drink the entire smoothie at once, and at just under $10 a smoothie, that’s a lot of money. You’re not saving any money by getting this delivery service, especially when you still have to prep the food. You’re better off stopping at Jamba Juice and buying a smoothie every day.
Like all subscription services, Green Blender is fun to try. You’ll get an opportunity to sample five different smoothie flavors each week. Smoothies are very healthy and you’ll be able to create your own in the comfort of your home. Green Blender is an expensive option, though, so if you’re on a budget, the price may not work well for your situation. However, you can cancel at any time, so if you’re looking to try something different for your morning routine, it may be a good idea to at least try Green Blender.