A brand new (with tags) Boston Proper jacket for $20!
Like new Polo loafers $40…we looked them up online and new ones sell for $400!
Once you score bargains like these you’ll be hooked on Goodwill and thrift store shopping!
If you’re not a frequent Goodwill shopper, follow these tips to find your treasures!
- Shop multiple locations – Go to Goodwill.org to find locations near you, and check out more than one! Trust me, not all Goodwills are created equal. I have two Goodwill locations within minutes of my home – one is very large with some high end brands, and the other location is tiny (like the size of my living room), but all the high end designer items end up here. FYI…it’s the Palm Beach Goodwill!
- Shop often – Inventory changes daily, enough said.
- It’s the thrill of the hunt – Don’t go in expecting to zero in on a size 6 little black dress for a party or a size 16-33 Polo shirt for your husband because chances are you’ll strike out. Take your time, look at all the racks and be open minded…that’s how you find treasures! Many Goodwills are organized by style and color instead of sizes, so if you’re looking for khaki pants there’s probably an entire rack of them! Remember, alterations can work miracles if the price is right!
- Zero in on new racks – If you see a new rack being rolled out, hurry over for first dibs!
- Ask about sale days – Each Goodwill has special sale days and promotions, so once you find your favorite Goodwill…ask the cashier.
My teenage daughter and her best friend like to have Goodwill shopping adventures…they really enjoy the thrill of the hunt! Yesterday, my daughter came home with a pair of like-new Nike shorts and 2 brand new paperback books for less than $10!
Do you have any Goodwill shopping tips?