If you want to take your family to a sporting event, plan on shelling out at least $200.
A concert…forget it!
Give your wallet a break this weekend, and enjoy frugal family fun!
10 Ideas for a Family Fun Night
- Pizza Taste Test and a Movie – Buy an assortment of frozen pizzas and have a taste test for dinner while you enjoy a movie. The added bonus is that after a few weeks of taste testing pizzas, you’ll know which frozen pizza is your favorite! Think of all the possibilities beyond pizza taste tests!
- Sundaes on Saturday – Start a tradition of serving ice cream sundaes on Saturday. Don’t forget all the fun and festive toppings!
- Minute to Win It – Host your own Minute to Win It event. The silly challenges use everyday household items, and the possibilities are endless! Check out some Minute to Win It challenges that are easy enough to do at home.
- High School Football Games or High School Musicals – If you’re not taking advantage of the cheap entertainment at your local high school, this is a great week to start! You’ll be pleasantly surprised by the reasonable ticket prices for both sporting events and theatrical productions. We’ve seen amazing high school productions of Godspell, Grease and High School Musical.
- Family Videos – Pull out the old family videos for some FREE entertainment! My teenagers always get a laugh out of watching themselves as crazy toddlers!
- Cooking School – Stop watching Food Network and start cooking! Your kids will love learning to cook and eating their creations. Add to the fun by letting them choose the recipes.
- Take a Hike – Pack a picnic and take a hike on a nearby nature trail. When our children were little, they loved going to Skidaway Island State Park and walking on the trail with bridges, marsh, fiddler crabs and even a tall tower where we enjoyed our picnic! Go exploring and save money.
- Backyard Campout – Pitch a tent, tell ghost stories, play flashlight tag, catch fireflies and cook s’mores on your grill.
- Game Night – Put a twist on family game night by making it a regular event. The winner gets to choose next week’s game and dinner menu.
- Bike Ride – Doesn’t a family bike ride sound like fun? You could even stop for ice cream along the way!
There you have it, 10 ideas for frugal family fun! What will your family be doing this weekend?