Where’s the fun in that?
There has to be a more creative way to give money.
Thanks to Candace at She’s Crafty for coming up with a fun and festive solution…Birthday Balloons. Here’s how it works…
- Divide the money you are planning to give among the balloons (16 balloons for a 16th birthday, 18 balloons for an 18th birthday, etc.)
- Roll the money and insert in the balloon.
- Blow up the balloons.
- Put all the balloons in a large box – we used a medium size moving box for 15 balloons!
- Gift wrap the box – they’ll be intrigued by the very large but lightweight box!
I was thrilled to discover “Birthday Balloons” just in time for my daughter’s 15th birthday, and I don’t think I’ll ever give the boring card with cash again! This is the fun way to give money as a birthday gift!
I took the idea a step further and gave money for specific items/activities to make her birthday week special. Take a look at her 15 balloons for 15 years…
- $5 for Ice Cream after a day at the beach
- Birthday Dinner at The Cheesecake Factory (her favorite restaurant)
- $5 to get Bagels for breakfast on her birthday
- $10 to go to the movies
- $5 and a Michael’s coupon to buy tie dye supplies (one of her favorite crafts!)
- Stop by Sephora for your free birthday gift (I signed her up for their birthday club…check out my article on Birthday Freebies and you’re sure to find a few free things to stuff in your balloons.)
- Stop by Rita’s for a free water ice (another Birthday Freebie!)
- Enjoy a free brow shaping from Benefits Brow Bar (the last of the Birthday Freebies!)
- The remainder of the balloons were filled with money for clothes shopping
So…how did my daughter react to her birthday gift? Suffice it to say, we have a new birthday tradition in our family!
Please leave a comment to share your creative ways to give money as a gift.