Money Saving Online Shopping Tips
- Abandon Your Cart – That’s right, fill your shopping cart, and don’t check out right away. In fact, let it sit there a few days. Many sites will send you promotional offers to entice you to complete your purchase. Patience pays…who knew?
- Create an Account – Of course, they can’t send you a promotional offer or coupon if they don’t have your email address, so always create an account when shopping online. I know this can be a hassle, and I know you don’t want anymore junk email, so here’s a solution: set-up a separate email address (try hotmail or gmail…it’s free) that you only use for stores. The only time you’ll need to check this email account is when you’re looking for a promotional offer, or you need to track your package.
- Get Chatty – If you see the online chat feature, use it to your advantage…ask if there are any discounts available. Remember, the worst thing that can happen is they’ll say “no.”
- Use Coupon Codes – There’s no excuse for leaving the coupon code box blank! It’s your ticket to savings, and if a coupon code is available, you can quickly find it at RetailMeNot.com. Simply enter the name of the store, and you’ll discover any available coupon codes.
- Earn Cash Back – What? You’re not earning cash back when you shop online? Stop what your doing and sign-up for Ebates right now. It’s free, and you’ll get $10 just for signing up. How do you earn cash back? It’s easy…just start your online shopping on Ebates, search for your favorite store, and they’ll let you know how much cash back you’ll earn. Then, four times a year you’ll receive a BIG FAT CHECK in the mail – how fun is that!
Go forth into the online shopping world, and show-off your new money saving tricks!
Image courtesy of Stuart Miles, FreeDigitalPhotos.net
In full disclosure, this post contains affiliate links to help support The Budget Diet girl! My advice will always be unbiased and free, but free won’t pay the bills! Thanks!