If the idea of a homemade Halloween costume sounds like an overly ambitious Martha Stewart project, and the thought of a pre-made Halloween costume makes you scream unoriginal and overpriced…these semi-homemade Halloween costumes are your answer. Semi-homemade Halloween… Read More >
Looking for an easy homemade Halloween costume? The Budget Diet’s Halloween Costume Index is where you’ll find easy homemade Halloween costumes ideas for toddlers, teens, groups or even last minute ideas! No sewing required…I promise! Easy Homemade Halloween… Read More >
Have you noticed the most original and clever Halloween costumes don’t come pre-packaged? The most talked about costumes are always DIY Halloween costumes because they’re unique and stand out in the crowd. If the idea of a homemade… Read More >
When it comes to Halloween Costumes, you have 5 choices… Spend way too much on a poorly made Halloween costume that won’t stand out in the crowd. Splurge, I mean really splurge on renting a fancy costume. Be… Read More >
Look out! Halloween is just around the corner. That means figuring out how to dress up yourself and/or your little ones – again. Last year’s recycled costume is out of the question, and you don’t want to shell… Read More >
Today’s easy homemade Halloween costumes are perfect for the little ones in your life! Most of the supplies for these costumes can be found in your home and all of the costumes will cost less than $5! Easy… Read More >
Don’t let the word “homemade” scare you because no sewing is required with these Easy Homemade Halloween Costumes. Today’s easy, homemade Halloween costume ideas are perfect for pre-teens! Tomorrow, The Budget Diet will feature easy, homemade Halloween costumes… Read More >
Are they lured into the costume aisle at Walmart or Target?
Is your wallet begging for mercy?
This year, try a new approach to choosing Halloween costumes and save money!
- Costume Swap – Clothing swaps and costume swaps have become a popular way to save money. Consider getting a group of friends together for a Halloween costume swap. If you’re not swapping then you’re not saving!
- Thrift Stores and Consignment Shops – Now is the time to visit your local thrift stores and consignment shops for the best selection of gently used Halloween costumes at a fraction of the cost. Consignment shops are also a great place to make a little money on last year’s costumes.
- Use Your Imagination – You’ll be amazed at the costumes that your kids can come up with if you challenge them to use stuff you have around the house, and the dress-up box is a great place to start!
- Make Your Own – Don’t worry, The Budget Diet has plenty of easy homemade Halloween costume ideas with no sewing required! Check out the articles below to find your perfect costume!
- Easy Homemade Halloween Costumes for Little Ones