The perfect salad to go with your Tex-Mex favorites like Chicken Enchiladas or add chicken to make it a dinner salad.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 4 main dish, 8 side salads
- 1 romaine lettuce cut-up or 1 package of romaine hearts
- 3 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 avocado diced
- 1, 15 oz. can black beans rinsed & drained
- 1, 15 oz. can of corn or mexi-corn drained
- 2 cups mexi-cheese shredded
- 1, 6 oz. can black olives drained
- 2 cups tortilla chips crushed
- diced chicken optional, but a great way to use up leftover chicken!
- 1/4 c. ranch dressing reduced fat works fine!
- 1/4 c. salsa
Toss together lettuce, tomatoes, black beans, corn, cheese, black olives & tortilla chips in a large salad bowl.
Southwest Salad Dressing: mix together ranch dressing & salsa.
Toss salad with Southwest Salad Dressing.
[…] Southwest Salad […]
I can’t wait to try this. It sounds SOOOO delicious :0)
When you get a chance to try it, please come back to rate the recipe! My favorite part is the dressing because I hate having a refrigerator full of lots of different dressing, and this one just spices up basic ranch.