This school year, stop the madness and get organized!
A simple life is an organized life, and The Budget Diet girl has a simple project to organize all those pesky papers – it’s the family notebook.
- Supplies needed:
- 3-ring binder
- dividers with tabs
- 3-hole punch
- all those papers you need to organize!
You’re simply going to create a notebook with a divider for each school or organization that your children are involved in. This is a great “one stop shop” for phone lists, schedules and rosters for those many activities! You can use the back pocket to keep invitations or flyers for upcoming events and use the front pocket for school directories.
Our family notebook is divided into the following sections:
- Texas A&M – my son’s class schedule, football schedule, calendar of events and tuition receipts
- Clements High School – my son’s schedule and each teacher’s course syllabus
- Clements High School Golf Team – team roster, team schedule and any important information from the coach
- Quail Valley Middle School – my daughter’s schedule and each teacher’s course syllabus
- Crescents on the Green – our neighborhood directory
- Boy Scouts – roster and calendar of events
- Dance – roster, calendar of events and competition information
- St. Laurence – youth program calendar of events
Start a family notebook today, and you’ll lead a more organized life tomorrow! No more fumbling through piles of papers to figure out when the soccer game is or which day you’re in charge of snacks for Girl Scouts.
It’s so easy in our electronic world to just rely on the internet for school information and sports schedules, but sometimes it’s actually more efficient to have everything that pertains to your family all in one place! Keep the family notebook in the drawer with your phone books and make sure your family knows where this important “resource” is!
Do you have a great organizing system that you’d like to share?
Image courtesy of nuttakit / FreeDigitalPhotos.net