Do you think you could go an entire week without paying full price for anything? Don’t pay full price for groceries, gas, clothes, haircuts, restaurants…you get the idea!
Of course, this money saving mom won’t leave you stranded, I’ll give you some tips to get started, and I’ll publish my savings each day. The challenge will officially begin next Monday, June 27th and end on Sunday, July 3rd.
Money Saving Tips
Buy Discounted Gift Cards – Buy discounted gift cards for up to 30% off at Cardpool.com! You can always find discounted gift cards for restaurants and retail stores, and if you’re lucky…you’ll find discounted gift cards that you can use for groceries and gas! Make sure to order these today because they take about 1 week to arrive in the mail.
Shopping Online? – The Budget Diet girl has a 3-step plan to save money whenever you shop online.
- Start by doing an internet search for the item you’re shopping for and visit a few of the price comparison sites that pop up like Nextag and Yahoo. You’ll quickly discover which store has the best price.
- Now, head over to Ebates and enter the name of the store where you found the lowest price, so you can save even more money. Ebates will give you coupon codes plus cash back at over 1200 stores!
- This step is only necessary if the store you’re looking for is not listed on Ebates. The final money saving trick is to use RetailMeNot.com for finding coupon codes. You just won’t earn any cash back like you would with Ebates, but you will find money saving coupon codes like Old Navy 20% off & Free Shipping
Save on Groceries – if you’re not already clipping coupons and reading the sale ads, this might be a great week to start! Take a look at 2 ways to save money on groceries:
- Buy Store Brands – As a general rule, if you buy store brands you will save about 25%! Try switching to store brands this week, and you’ll reduce your grocery bill without having to clip coupons!
- Try The Grocery Game – If you have about an hour a week to plan meals and clip coupons, The Grocery Game will yield big savings. Sign-up for a free trial of The Grocery Game, Inc.
Save on Gas – With the price of gas at over $4 a gallon, it’s time to get serious about gas savings! If your grocery store offers a gas rewards program make sure you’re taking advantage of it! At Kroger, for every $100 you spend, you’ll earn 10¢ off per gallon for 1 fill-up. Another great gas savings option is GasBuddy.com. Simply enter your zip code to locate the cheapest gas in your area.
Save at Restaurants – There is no reason to ever pay full price for a restaurant meal! Discounted gift cards are always available for restaurants on ABCGiftCards.com, and you’ll frequently find restaurant deals on Groupon.
Prescriptions – If you don’t ask your doctor if there is a cheaper option, you’ll never know! Learn about the 5 Ways to Save Money on Prescriptions.
Save on Pet Supplies – Pet treats, pet food, pet prescriptions can add up fast! If you’re still buying your pet prescriptions at the vet, you’re paying way too much!
Save on Clothes – The Budget Diet girl always suggests starting your clothes shopping spree at Goodwill or a thrift store, but if you must make a visit to the mall…please follow my 3 rules to save money!
Save on Home Improvement – Rarely does a week go by that I don’t have to make a trip to Lowes or Home Depot for something. Discounted gift cards from ABCGiftCards.com are always available for home improvement stores, so make sure you always have one in your wallet for instant savings!
This money saving challenge will not be easy, and there will be times when you just have to do without. If you can’t find a discounted Starbuck’s gift card then you might just have to brew your own! Remember, patience pays – STOP, THINK, SHOP!
Consider the category list on the left side of this page your money saving “cheat sheet”. If you’re having a birthday party this week, click on the party index and discover how to throw a party for less. If you need to buy a gift this week, click on gifts and save! The Budget Diet girl can show you how to save money on just about anything!
Good luck and please leave a comment to share your money saving success stories!
In full disclosure, this post contains affiliate links to help support The Budget Diet girl!