I recently asked some of my frugal friends this question…
If you could share just one money saving tip, what would it be? Most of the advice is straightforward and simple, and you can start incorporating these frugal habits into your lifestyle today! Wouldn’t today a great day to begin your frugal living quest?
Favorite Money Saving Tips
- Pretend credit cards don’t exist.
- Use coupons when items are on sale to maximize your savings!
- Always buy items on sale, never pay full retail price.
- Avoid brand loyalty.
- Put all your coins in a jar or how about all your $1 bills at the end of each day? It’s an old-fashioned savings system, but it works!
- Think before you buy…is it really a need or just a want?
- Patience pays..our society want things right now, no matter what the cost! Be patient and wait for a sale or better yet a treasure at a garage sale!
- Don’t waste food, serve smaller portions or find creative uses for leftovers.
- Surround yourself with people who are frugal…their frugal ways might rub off on you!
- Track your spending…write down everything you spend because you just might be surprised how much you’re wasting!
- Establish a written budget and stick to it!
- Shop thrift stores first for everything from clothing to kitchen essentials to home decor and more!
- Don’t eat out.
- Plan your menus according to the sales ads.
- Always use promo codes or coupon codes for extra savings when shopping online.
- Grow your own veggies, fruits and herbs…gardening anyone?
- Learn to love hand-me-downs!
- Take advantage of freebies!
- Always make sure you’re getting the best rate possible on your utility bills and that you really need all the services that you’re paying for (example: caller ID, movie channels, etc.)
So, how many of these money saving tips are you taking advantage of and how many new money saving tips will you incorporate in your life? SAVE YOUR MONEY! New Year’s Resolution anyone?
Please leave a comment to add your favorite money saving tip to this list. Frugal gals unite!
Image courtesy of Stuart Miles / FreeDigitalPhotos.net