The Budget Diet girl loves to entertain, and I’ve put together my top 10 list of essentials for frugal entertaining.
Please keep in mind that these items are easy to find at Goodwill, thrift stores, garage sales, flea markets or even your recycling bin!
- Old Soda Bottles…these make beautiful vases! Ideal for a picnic theme.
- Mexican Blanket…a fiesta is always a fun & frugal way to entertain at home (click here for fiesta ideas), and a colorful Mexican blanket is a great decoration or tablecloth! I picked mine up at a garage sale for $2!
- Cowboy Boots…fill them with artificial flowers & get ready to rodeo or BBQ!
- Wine Bottles…add a candlestick for instant ambiance! Italian dinner anyone?
- Fabric Scraps…always be on the lookout for a red & white check tablecloth or any fun fabric scrap! Red & white checks will come in handy for a picnic theme, rodeo theme, BBQ or pizza party! It’s amazing how a scrap of fabric can pull together your table decorations!
- Big Baskets or Serving Trays…perfect for serving bread, chips or sandwiches! Big baskets also come in handy for holding picnic packs (the knife, fork, spoon & napkin that come in the ugly little plastic bag).
- Terra Cotta Pots or any small pot…they can be filled with snacks or toppings for an ice cream sundae bar! How about putting the plastic utensils for your party in them?
- Tall Glass Hurricanes…fill them with m & m’s & an artificial daisy for an edible & colorful centerpiece! You can always buy the seasonal m & m’s and pick an artificial flower that matches the season.
- Small Chalkboard…great to write a message for your guests or use it for the menu! The Budget Diet girl has a tutorial on how to make your own…click here!
- Cake Stands…an elegant way to serve a cake, but they are also perfect for serving appetizers! Your party table will look much more appealing with food at varying heights!
There you have it…your shopping list for the next garage sale, flea market or thrift store you visit! Before you know it…you too will be the queen of frugal entertaining!