Save Your Money – Make Easy Centerpieces
You’ll begin with a handful of inexpensive supplies, and you’ll end up with a centerpiece that can easily be changed for any occasion or any season! Once you make the base, you’ll use these centerpieces for Birthday Parties, Baby Showers, Holidays and more!
- Terra Cotta Pots – 3″ or 4″
- Zip Loc Bags – sandwich size
- Wooden Skewers
- Greeting Cards, Die Cuts or Printables (Pinterest is full of free printables!)
- Double Stick Tape
- Shred or Any Filler
- Spray Paint, optional
- Fill a sandwich size ziploc bag about halfway with sand and zip closed.
- Stuff the sand filled ziploc bag into the terra cotta pot.
- Using double stick tape, attach 2 front sides of a greeting card together or 2 die cut pieces. Insert the wooden skewer between the 2 pieces.
- Poke the skewer into the sand bag.
- Use shred or any type of filler to cover the sandbag.
- Tie a ribbon around the terra cotta pot.
- Place the completed pot on a “nest” of tulle.
Once you’ve made the base (terra cotta pot and sandbag), think of all the centerpiece possibilities!
- Baby Shower – spray paint the terra cotta pots white, use baby blue or pink shred, tulle and ribbon.
- 50th Birthday Party – there are so many funny greeting cards for “old people”! I made the centerpiece in the picture for a 50th birthday party.
- Thanksgiving and Seasonal – Check out my Pinterest free printable board! How about candy corn for the filler?
Please click on the title of this article to share your easy centerpiece ideas!