My latest creation…a vintage suitcase bedside table for my son’s room! This suitcase table would also look great in an office or den, and you can make it to fit your space…taller, shorter, wider or deeper. Vintage leather suitcases come in all sorts of colors, so try to find a few that compliment each other. Another plus, use the inside of the suitcases to store things!
The only skill required to “build” a suitcase table is the ability to find treasures like vintage leather suitcases. Here are a few suggestions to get you started…
- Try your grandmother’s attic, you just might find one that smells like mothballs! Give it a good dose of febreeze, and it’s ready to become part of your table.
- Garage Sales…be patient and shop often to find the best treasures.
- Craiglist.com almost always has a few, and the prices are usually really good.
- Thrift stores abound with vintage leather suitcases, but they’re trendy right now, so the prices are trending up.
- Your last resort is Etsy.com, and you’ll find plenty of vintage leather suitcases. They won’t be free like Grandma’s or a good deal like you’ll find at a Garage Sale or on Craigslist, but they’ll still be cheaper than buying a new bedside table.
Go treasure hunting this weekend, and you just might have a suitcase table by Monday!