- 2 lbs. ground beef or lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup chili seasoning mix see The Budget Diet's Chili Seasoning Recipe, link below
- 2 cans Rotel tomatoes mild or hot depending on how spicy you like your chili
- 1, 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1, 16 oz. can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1, 16 oz. can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- optional: fritos and shredded cheddar cheese for serving
Brown ground beef and drain.
Sprinkle ground beef with chili seasoning mix and stir to combine.
Stir in Rotel, tomato sauce, black beans and pinto beans.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
In Texas we love to use our chili to make Frito Pie...simply put a handful of Fritos in the bottom of your bowl, top with chili and cheese.
recipe adapted from Southern Living
The Budget Diet’s homemade Chili Seasoning Recipe