It’s another gray rainy day,
and “my bedroom is dreary,” you say.
A makeover is long overdue,
but without a big bucks, what’s a girl to do?
Let The Budget Diet Girl inspire your inner-decorator with ideas for a bedroom makeover on a budget!
Be a Copycat Decorator
Get inspired with trendy ideas from Pinterest, Houzz and decorating magazines. Once you find a bedroom you adore…challenge yourself to duplicate it on a budget. If you’ve ever tried to duplicate a designer outfit from a magazine for a fraction of the cost, this is the same concept.
- Use coupons at big box stores like Bed Bath & Beyond and JC Penny. The RetailMeNot app is my favorite because the cashier can scan the coupons directly from your phone…no more worrying about leaving your coupon at home. If you like some of the “looks” in this article, use coupon code: LOVELUSH1 for 10% off from LushDecor.com – you’ve probably seen their products at Bed Bath & Beyond, Kohl’s and Sears.
- Shop with discounted gift cards…it’s the easiest way to never pay full price. Buy Discounted Gift Cards For Up To 30% Off at Cardpool.com! Today they have Marshall’s gift cards for 13% off and Bed Bath & Beyond gift cards for 8% off. Another savvy shopper’s secret…use your discounted gift card AND that 20% off Bed Bath & Beyond coupon…cha ching.
- Try Craigslist. My son is furnishing his first apartment and loves the West Elm look, but not the price. I suggested he search Craigslist for “West Elm”, and he was pleasantly surprised at the results. He found a 1 year old West Elm headboard in great condition for just $200!
- Don’t forget…a treasure might be waiting for you at a thrift store, just put on your thinking cap and imagine what a coat of paint, a new lampshade or new upholstery can do. Bargains really can be made beautiful!
Pick up a Paint Brush
It’s the most inexpensive way to change the look of a room, and it’s a done in a day project.
Buy New Linens
Updated bed linens will breathe new life in your room! If you have dark linens switching to all white might be refreshing. A popular (and budget friendly) trend is a neutral color palette using fabrics like cotton and linen. Over the years you can inexpensively change the look by adding a pop of color with a new throw and pillows.
Just like when you were a little kid! Bring back the fun, and start moving things around! There are no rules, anything goes…just because it’s in the living room, doesn’t mean it has to stay there.
Accessories are like jewelry for your room…they complete the look. Start by shopping your house first…you might have a beautiful throw hiding in your linen closet that would look fabulous at the end of your bed, or maybe there’s an old picture frame in your attic that’s begging for a new piece of art. So…what are my must-have accessories for a bedroom?
- Lamps – everything looks better with lamp light, trust me.
- Decorative pillows – colorful pillows, pillows with words/sayings…pillows add pizzazz!
- Plants – live indoor palms are less than $15.
- Pictures – The Budget Diet girl has 6 great ideas for free, cheap and affordable wall art.
Enter to Win
The contest is over…congratulations Desirae!
Why not? Free bedroom decor is even better than budget bedroom decor! LushDecor.com is giving away a $200 shopping spree to one lucky Budget Diet reader. It’s easy to enter…
- Visit LushDecor.com, check out their affordable selection of bedding, window treatments and shower curtains, and then come back to this article and leave a comment letting me know your favorite item.
- You’ll receive one additional entry if you “like” Lush Decor on Facebook.
- You’ll receive one additional entry if you follow Lush Decor on Twitter.
- You’ll receive one additional entry if you follow Lush Decor on Pinterest.
- Please let me know in your comment if you liked or followed Lush Decor…you’re on the honor system here.
- One winner will be chosen at random on 2/11/15.
What’s Trending in Bedroom Decor?
In full disclosure, this post contains affiliate links to help support The Budget Diet girl! My advice will always be unbiased and free, but free won’t pay the bills! Thanks!