I don’t like to cut corners when it comes to my wardrobe, but with my wedding quickly approaching (and my fiance not understanding the need for a closet full of shoes), I’m putting my clothes budget on a diet. Woe is me!
Fortunately, I’ve discovered the value of inexpensive accessories. Accessorizing on a budget is easy and a great way to expand your wardrobe without breaking the bank. You can transform simple jeans and a black tank top into many different looks by simply adding a scarf to your neck or a belt around your waist. I like to buy simple tees and tanks that are inexpensive because I know I can make them look great with accessories. Learn how to accessorize!
Accessories can transform your black tank and blue jeans into a new look, and you can find all of these accessories at stores like TJ Maxx, Forever 21 or Target for less than $15!
- Scarves are BIG right now, and I’m sure you can see why! Simply loop this precious pink scarf around your neck a couple times, and your black tank top is automatically upgraded.
- You can dress up any plain top with a belt cinched around your waist. Put a skinny belt around the slimmest part of your waist to accentuate your curves!
- Okay, so I know shopping in Forever21 can be an absolute nightmare and their clothes might be too juvenile, but everyone can wear their jewelry. They have tables of inexpensive and darling costume jewelry that can spice up any look.
- A gold statement necklace can spice up any plain shirt.
- I love to wear bold cuff bracelets because there’s absolutely no thought involved, and they make simple looks more interesting.
- A floral headband will definitely make a pretty statement and keep fly-away hairs out of your face.
- Head scarves are trending right now, and I think a leopard print scarf would look great tied as a head rosette wrap.
My fiance always thinks that I’m wearing new clothes, when in reality I’m changing up the same old clothes with inexpensive accessories. Sometimes I have to show him my receipts so he believes me!
written by: Sarah Beckman
Image courtesy of artur84 / FreeDigitalPhotos.net