Fall is almost here, which means it’s time to put away your summer clothes and get out your fall wardrobe. But what if your fall wardrobe is a little out-of-date? There are a few fall fashion essentials you can add to what you already have to keep you on trend this season!
- Scarves are going to be big this fall. Throw a scarf on any outfit for an instant, trendy boost! The fringed circle scarf above is a gorgeous mauve color for fall, but pretty much any infinity scarf will keep you on trend because they’re going to be huge this season.
- A pair of riding boots can be dressed up or down to go from cozy casual to dressy chic. Riding boots can cost anywhere from thousands of dollars for a pair of nice, leather ones, to under $30 for vinyl boots. Mine are from Old Navy, they look great, and they cost around $25. With that price, you could even consider two pairs of riding boots: One black and one brown, so you can match any outfit!
- Fur was all over the runway at Fashion Week, so we know it will be a trend this fall. You can throw a fur vest over any plain tee or long-sleeved tee for a versatile, cozy, and warm way to accessorize an outfit. If you’re a critter lover, it’s not hard to find a nice faux-fur vest…plus, faux fur won’t cost you as much!
- You’ll need a new purse for fall! The satchel handbag above is adorable and it can be worn as a shoulder bag or a cross-body bag. Across-body bags are big for fall… which is a great thing because they’re the best for freeing up your hands for a day out shopping.
- For those chilly fall days, you’ll need a big, cozy cardigan. The one above reminds me of the tribal print trend, and it would look really great dressed up with a tan belt cinched around the middle.
What trends are you looking forward to wearing this fall? What trends do you wish would stay away?!
written by: Sarah Beckman
Sarah Beckman is an editor at Affordable Style. One of her current projects is an article on ways to wear scarves!