The Budget Diet girl is here to help you start the school year right…just follow your free personal organizer for August.
Check Your Calendar
- Any birthdays or anniversaries to shop for this month?
- Do you know your state’s tax free weekend dates?
- Is it time to schedule your child’s back-to-school physical?
Be Prepared for Back to School Shopping
- Have a “fashion show” where your child “models” last year’s school clothes, and you make a list of needs.
- Take inventory of last year’s school supplies and make your shopping list…everything does not have to be brand new!
- Order discounted gift cards and save up to 35%! Buy discount gift cards from Plastic Jungle to most major stores like Old Navy, American Eagle, Kohl’s, JC Penny, Office Depot and more!
- Buy a Sunday paper, study the ads and plan your shopping trip (using your discounted gift cards, of course!)
There really is a best time to buy everything, and thanks to my friends at FreeShipping.org for this month’s list.
- flip flops
- garden plants and flowers
- lawn mowers
- school supplies
- swing sets
- produce: cucumbers, corn, eggplant, tomatoes, summer squash, green beans, strawberries, cantaloupe, lettuce, watermelon, peaches, apricots, plums, raspberries and nectarines
Don’t miss The Budget Diet’s Back to School Week (August 6 – 10)…discover crazy ways to save on everything from school supplies to haircuts to scout uniforms!
Here’s to you being the most organized money saving mom this school year!