The ingredients may appear to be your ordinary stuffing ingredients, but the it's the butter and the browning process that make my mother-in-law's stuffing THE BEST! In the spirit of sharing, here's Marjy's Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipe.
- 1 stick butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1, 8 oz. package Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Stuffing
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- Melt butter in a large cast-iron skillet or large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and bell pepper, cook until soft.
- Add stuffing crumbs, pour broth on top and gently stir to combine.
- Now, this is the key...brown the stuffing! Gently turn the stuffing as it browns until the entire batch resembles sausage crumbs. Don't turn it too often or it will never brown. The browning process can take 30 - 45 minutes...be patients, it's worth the wait!