Surprise! A new survey is out, and guess what…flowers and jewelry ARE NOT on the top of Mom’s wish list. Even chocolate didn’t make the top 5!
Top 5 Gifts Mom Really Wants (in no particular order)
- Quality Time With Family – It’s easy and free to plan a fun day for mom! How about a picnic in the park, a beach day or a family bike ride? If you feel the need to wrap up a gift…it’s easy to wrap an activity in a box. Simply plan mom’s day, type an itinerary, put it in a box and wrap it up. Be ready with your camera to capture mom’s smile when she opens the box!
- Gift Card to Favorite Store – Remember The Budget Diet girl’s rule for gift cards? Never, ever pay full price! How? Buy Discounted Gift Cards For Up To 30% Off at Cardpool.com!.
- Spa Day – Groupon’s got you covered on this one! Mom can relax at the spa, and you can relax because you didn’t pay full price.
Groupon: 1 $50 gift card for $30 or 2 $50 gift cards for $70 from SpaWish eCards
- Clean House – Another freebie! This gift will cost time, not money. You could always go all out and send mom to the spa while the entire family cleans the house…won’t she be relaxed and surprised!
- Dinner Out – Cardpool also has discounted gift cards to popular restaurants like Applebees (15% off), Cheesecake Factory (11% off), Olive Garden (15% off) and Outback (13% off).
If money is tight, it’s nice to know that quality family time and a clean house will make mom’s day!
What’s on your Mother’s Day wish list?
photo courtesy of Stuart Miles, FreeDigitalPhotos.net
In full disclosure, this post contains affiliate links to help support The Budget Diet girl! My advice will always be unbiased and free, but free won’t pay the bills! Thanks!