I love serving a signature cocktail at a party - it's festive and frugal! Warm Sangria is a great choice for a Christmas Party or any cold weather event. Added bonus - the aroma of the mulling spices will fill your home!
- 12 cups cran-raspberry juice
- 4 cups orange juice
- 1 bottle of Merlot
- ⅔ cup dark brown sugar
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 oranges, sliced (leave peel on)
- 2 lemons, sliced (leave peel on)
- 1 cup craisins
- Place cloves in a cheesecloth bag or wrap and tie in cheesecloth to prevent your guests from getting pieces of clove in their drink!
- Heat all ingredients in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally until sugar is dissolved.
- Serve warm adding some fruit to each glass.
- Note: if it's too hot it may crack your glass.