by Kristl on August 14, 2012
Author: Kristl Story, TheBudgetDiet.com
It’s a breakfast, it’s a dinner…it’s a Wafflewich (Waffle Sandwich), and kids love ‘em! Serve my Chicken Waffle Sandwich with a fruit salad for breakfast or dinner.
- Bacon (1 slice of bacon per Wafflewich)
- Frozen Breaded Chicken Breast Tenders or Homemade Chicken Breast Tenders (1 Chicken Breast Tender per Wafflewich)
- Waffles (frozen or homemade*) (2 waffles per Wafflewich)
- Cook bacon (I’m a fan of mess-free oven cooked bacon: place bacon on foil lined baking sheet, bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until crisp, drain on paper towels)
- Prepare Chicken Breast Tenders according to package directions or prepare homemade Chicken Breast Tenders.
- Make homemade waffles or toast frozen waffles.
- Place 1 slice of bacon on a waffle.
- Top with 1 cooked Chicken Breast Tender, drizzle with syrup and top with the other waffle.
- Enjoy your Wafflewich!
If you’re making homemade waffles, make extra to freeze. Your kids can pop them in the toaster just like the ones in the box. Cost to make 8 homemade waffles: less than 50¢, cost of a box of frozen waffles: $2.50.
The Wafflewich is one of 10 finalists in the Mr. Food Ultimate Weeknight Meal Contest!
Please vote for the Wafflewich…http://www.mrfood.com/voting/Weeknight-Meal