Sharing a heaping pile of Bennigan's Ultimate Nachos was foodie heaven for me in college. I've created the best nacho recipe that rivals Bennigan's. Actually, it's even better since you can add whatever toppings you love. Note: I have not listed any exact amounts because these are YOUR ULTIMATE NACHOS. If you love cheese, add a lot. Want them spicy? Pile on the jalapeños. They're fun to serve for a football watching party or add some variety to your family dinners with Ultimate Nachos! Have a house full of teens...Ultimate Nachos will be a hit!
- tortilla chips
- taco meat, fajita meat, carnitas or beans (ultimate nachos are a great way to use up leftover meat or beans!)
- Mexican blend cheese or cheddar cheese, shredded
- romaine or iceberg lettuce, shredded
- roma tomatoes, diced
- extra cheese
- sour cream
- black olives, sliced
- Warm the meat/beans in the microwave.
- Layer chips, meat/beans and cheese in the bottom of a oven-proof baking dish (I use a 10" ceramic quiche pan).
- Repeat layers.
- Broil in the oven for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges of chips are lightly browned. Watch carefully...it may take less than 2 minutes!
- Remove from oven and pile on the toppings!
- Place the dish on a trivet in the middle of your table, and let everyone dig in just like at Bennigan's!