Turn Leftover Turkey to Burgers
Turkey leftovers are not leftovers anymore because you can turn them to patties for your burgers. These burgers are great for kids as they are healthy and delightful. Get out of the habit of only eating beef patties because turkey ones are way yummier and leaner. Serve this with brown gravy and you have a satisfying and nutritious dinner.
- 12 ounces of ground turkey
- 1 small box of frozen spinach
- ½ cup of diced onion, optional
- ½ cup of diced celery
- ½ teaspoon of poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ¼ cup of sunflower seeds
- Drain the spinach with its extra moisture.
- Blend the spinach, turkey and seasonings all together.
- Put breadcrumbs to hold them together.
- Slice the mixture into large patties. The size depends on your preferences. You can have them in small portions if you aim to serve them with gravy.
- Cook the patties in skillet.
- For the brown gravy, sauté the drained mushrooms and chopped onions in the skillet you used for turkey patties.
- Mix 2 cups of water, some pepper, garlic and salt. Stir. Wait for it to boil
- Get a bowl, blend one-fourth of water and 2 tbps. of corn starch until it thickens.
- Add the mixture to the skillet and toss until the gravy softens.
- Bring down the heat and add the patties. You can add noodles or rice.