Coconut Marinated Shrimp with Pineapple Topping
Add a tropical twist on your favourite seafood – shrimp! Marinating the shrimp overnight gives this dish a tasty and one-of-a-kind taste that you will surely yearn for. Coated in coconut milk and topped with pineapple, it is an absolute crowd-pleasing dish. If you want to add this to your menu, read on for instructions.
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar substitute
- 20 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (20 ounce) can of crushed pineapple in its own juice, drained well
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped very fine
- 1 small red bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- Place the coconut milk into a bowl. Put 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and lime juice. Mix.
- Put the brown sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolve. Put the shrimp and stir ensuring the shrimp is coated completely. Put the pepper and mix.
- Cover with plastic or lid and place in the fridge for about an hour. But if you prefer, you can marinate the shrimp overnight.
- Put the pineapple into a mixing bowl and add two kinds of peppers. Stir. Put a tablespoon of lime juice and mix. Cover and put it in a fridge until ready to cook.
- Take the shrimp from the marinated sauce. Put 5 shrimps on bamboo skewer. Continue until you have used all the shrimps.
- Switch on the grill to medium heat. Put the skewers on the grill and grill for about four minutes. Turn to one side.
- Grill for about three minutes or up until the shrimp is cooked well.
- Take the shrimp from skewers and put in a large platter.
- Add salsa and serve.
Calories: 329 Fat: 3 g Saturated fat: 1 g Carbohydrates: 52 g Sodium: 406 mg Fiber: 3 g Protein: 22 g