Coconut Marinated Shrimp with Pineapple Topping
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice divided
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar substitute
- 20 large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 20 ounce can of crushed pineapple in its own juice, drained well
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped very fine
- 1 small red bell pepper cored, seeded and diced
Place the coconut milk into a bowl. Put 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and lime juice. Mix.
Put the brown sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolve. Put the shrimp and stir ensuring the shrimp is coated completely. Put the pepper and mix.
Cover with plastic or lid and place in the fridge for about an hour. But if you prefer, you can marinate the shrimp overnight.
Put the pineapple into a mixing bowl and add two kinds of peppers. Stir. Put a tablespoon of lime juice and mix. Cover and put it in a fridge until ready to cook.
Take the shrimp from the marinated sauce. Put 5 shrimps on bamboo skewer. Continue until you have used all the shrimps.
Switch on the grill to medium heat. Put the skewers on the grill and grill for about four minutes. Turn to one side.
Grill for about three minutes or up until the shrimp is cooked well.
Take the shrimp from skewers and put in a large platter.
Add salsa and serve.