Jalapeno Style Mashed Potatoes
The classic Southwestern dish of mashed potatoes will get a hint of the Jalapeno heat. Low-calorie and fat-free, this dish is the best partner for any diet meal. Bring a hot, hot twist to your ordinary mashed potato with this recipe. A must-try for those who want to bring new flavor to the table.
- 1 pound red potatoes, quartered
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup 1% milk, warmed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Fill ¾ of sauce pan with water. Put over high heat and let it boil. Once it boils, put the potatoes. Let it boil.
- Bring down the heat to medium and cook for another 15 minutes or until the potatoes become tender. Drain the water well.
- Put the potatoes in a bowl. Add garlic and pour over the milk.
- Using potato masher, mash the potatoes. If you have obtained the necessary texture, put the jalapeno pepper and ⅛ tsp. of pepper. Stir.
- Best when hot.