The Budget Diet’s Top 5 Frugal Living Tips (a.k.a. Shape Up Tips)!
SAVE YOUR MONEY and LIVE LIFE ON A BUDGET!
- Sign-up for a free trial of The Grocery Game and use it every week! This is the way to grocery shop! The Grocery Game does the research, you print the list, shop and save your money! If you don’t have the time to clip coupons, buy store brands…this alone will cut your grocery bill by 30%!
- Get in the habit of stocking up on discounted gift cards for stores you normally shop like Target & Home Depot! I just bought a $168 Home Depot gift card for $150…how’s that for instant savings! PlasticJungle.com updates their inventory of discounted gift cards daily, and you can save up to 30%!
- Pay attention to the little things, they really do add up! Did you know if you cut your spending by $11 a day, you’ll save $4000 a year? Maybe you could live without that cup of Starbucks in the morning, and maybe you should start brown bagging it to work! How about that $6 case of bottled water you buy every week? You’ll save $24 a month and $288 a year if you start using a refillable bottle!
- Twice a year, check to make sure you’re getting the best deal on your electric bill, phone and internet service, credit cards and insurance.
- STOP making impulse purchases! Always ask yourself if the item is a “need” or a “want”, and then plan ahead so you’ll have more time to search for savings on the items you really need at places like Goodwill, garage sales, resale shops, thrift stores, E-bay and T.J. Maxx.
Challenge yourself to incorporate The Budget Diet’s Top 5 Shape Up Tips, and you’ll soon find your family saving at least $400 a month! In fact, I’ve compiled a list of over 100 ways to Cut Your Spending By $400 a Month…see how many ways you can find a few ways to start saving!
If you need some extra help, sign-up for The Budget Diet Boot Camp…a program for serious savings with personalized feedback!
Let’s get this Budget Diet started!