by Kristl on August 24, 2011
Are you savoring the last days of summer with classic summer fare?
|Tomato Sandwich Recipe||
Recipe type: appetizer, sandwich
Author: Kristl Story, TheBudgetDiet.com
A tomato sandwich is a simple and delicious summertime treat! Enjoy for lunch or serve as an appetizer at a summer party. Vine-ripened tomatoes work best, so it’s worth a trip to the farmer’s market!
- Tomatoes, vine-ripened and sliced
- White sandwich bread (2 slices per sandwich)
- Slice tomatoes and sprinkle with salt.
- Place tomatoes on a tray lined with paper towels, and cover with paper towels overnight. This will help dry out the tomatoes, so they don’t make your sandwich soggy.
- Using a biscuit cutter or the top of a drinking glass, cut bread into 3½” circles.
- Spread mayonnaise on bread and top with a tomato.
Tomorrow, The Budget Diet girl will share her recipe for the best Key Lime Pie…don’t miss it!