It’s day 9 of The Budget Diet’s 12 Days of Cookies, and Toffee Oatmeal Cookies are full of surprises! If you want to win the prize for The Best Cookie at your cookie exchange, give these a try!
|Toffee Oatmeal Cookies – THE BEST COOKIE!||
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup craisins (I prefer the orange flavored craisins.)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup Bits’ O Brickle toffee pieces (do not use the Heath Bits because they are covered in chocolate.)
- 1 cup pecan pieces, optional
- Mix together flour and baking soda, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together butter, sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Mix in flour mixture.
- Stir in oats, craisins, white chocolate chips, Bits’ O Brickle and pecan pieces.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
Please click on the title of this article to let me know if you think these really are THE BEST COOKIE!
Tomorrow’s recipe on The Budget Diet’s 12 Days of Cookies is Orange Coconut Cookies.