The Best Cheesecake Recipe Ever - this one is sure to WOW!
I love cheesecake, and I've been on a mission forever to find the best cheesecake recipe...just call me a cheesecake snob. I always order cheesecakes at restaurants, but I'm guilty of adding a sugar packet because they're rarely sweet enough. Am I the only one??? My kitchen is frequently the site of cheesecake tastings because I'll try any recipe that claims to be the best. After years of eating and experimenting...I bring you the results! In my opinion, this is the best cheesecake recipe ever...please rate this recipe to let me know what you think. Enjoy! P.S. - My favorite restaurant cheesecakes come from Carnegie Deil and The Cheesecake Factory.
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, packed
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 4, 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1¾ cups sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 8-ounce package cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8-ounce whipped topping (Cool Whip or store brand is fine)
- Prepare crust by combining graham crumbs, brown sugar and melted butter.
- Press into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 9" springform pan.
- Wrap the bottom of the springform pan with heavy duty aluminum foil - use the extra large size.
- Bake at 350º for 8 minutes.
- While the crust cools, prepare the filling.
- Beat together until smooth - 4 packages of cream cheese with 1¾ cups sugar, sour cream and vanilla.
- Whisk the eggs together in a separate bowl and then beat into the cream cheese mixture until combined.
- Pour the filling into the crust and place the cheesecake in a large roasting pan.
- Fill the roasting pan with boiling water to a depth of about 1". Note: If you don't use extra large heavy duty foil, you may end up with a soggy crust...yuck!
- Bake at 475º for 12 minutes and then turn the oven down to 350º and bake an additional 50 minutes until the top is golden brown. Note: you do not need to open the oven or remove the cheesecake when adjusting the temperature.
- Once the cheesecake is done, remove the cheesecake from the water bath and remove the aluminum foil.
- Allow to cool completely at room temperature.
- When the cheesecake is cool, prepare the topping.
- Beat together one package of cream cheese, ½ cup sour cream, ½ cup sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Spread on top of cheesecake.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
- WOW your guests with this one!