This year, turn the back-to-school countdown into a game…it’s a way to savor those last days of summer, and it’s a way to beat the “I’m bored” syndrome! They’ll wake-up each morning looking forward to another activity!
- Figure out how many days are left until school starts.
- Let your children come up with something fun to do each day until school starts! You set the budget!
- Mark the activities on the calendar.
Need some ideas for free fun? Here are some fun and mostly free ideas!
- have a backyard campout
- make a Frozen Lemonade Pie…yummy!
- enjoy a picnic in the park
- meet Dad for lunch at his office
- read a book by the pool…maybe finish a required summer reading book????
- make homemade ice cream
- play in the sprinklers
- have a cookout
- go stargazing
- enjoy a lazy summer day…all day in your pajamas!
- take a trip to the farmers market
- go berry picking and come home to make strawberry jam! Click here for the easy recipe!
- take a walk on the beach or take a hike on a nearby trail
- skip rocks
- watch the sunset
- play croquet
- eat watermelon and have a seed spitting contest!
- catch fireflies
Well…that’s probably more ideas than there are days left before school starts, so get started today and enjoy those last lazy days of summer! You just might discover a new back-to-school family tradition!