Sweet and Creamy Fruit & Granola Parfait
Parfaits are a great breakfast meal as well as dinner dessert. They includes granola, juicy fruits and fat-free yogurt which makes it an excellent source of whole grains and calcium. You won't have to force kids to eat them because they will surely love them. I used blueberries and strawberries, but feel free to substitute any fruits. Other than vanilla, you can have other flavored yogurts for a change.
- 1 cup vanilla flavored yogurt
- ½ cup granola cereal
- 4 strawberries
- 20 blueberries
- Thoroughly wash the berries. Let them dry. Reserve one strawberry and about 3-4 blueberries.
- Cut the three strawberries in equal portions.
- Get a glass or bowl. Then, start putting the first layer of strawberry (3-4) slices and blueberries.
- Then, put one-half cup of yogurt.
- Put granola on top of the yogurt.
- Next, place remaining blueberries and slices of strawberries.
- Again, put not-yet-used yogurt on top of the berries.
- Finish the parfait with remaining blueberries and not-sliced strawberries.