It’s Friday, another meat free day on this journey we call Lent! This week’s recipe for Lent is Spinach Manicotti an Italian meal full of protein, veggies and dairy – what more could you want? Your Lenten journey is almost over, and if you gave up meat for Lent, I hope you discovered a few new recipes along the way!
|Spinach Manicotti Recipe||
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1, 16 oz. cottage cheese (fat free works fine!)
- 3 oz. cream cheese (light works fine!)
- 1, 10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 14 manicotti shells, uncooked
- 1, 26 oz. jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- Pour half of the spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
- Combine 1½ cups mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, cream cheese, spinach, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into each manicotti.
- Arrange the manicotti in a single layer over the sauce.
- Dilute the remaining sauce with 1 cup of water and pour over the manicotti.
- Sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 375 for 1 hour.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.