Spinach Enchiladas are a filling vegetarian entree that will have meat lovers asking for the recipe! Try Spinach Enchiladas for your next meatless meal - it's the perfect recipe for Lent. Serve with rice and beans or The Budget Diet's Southwest Salad (see the recipe index on the left side of this page).
- 1, 10 oz. box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened*
- ¼ cup sour cream*
- 1, 15 oz. can green enchilada sauce
- 12, 6-inch white corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese*
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together spinach, garlic, cream cheese and sour cream until combined. Set aside.
- If your tortillas are not super fresh and will break when you roll them, microwave a few at a time for about 10 seconds or until pliable.
- Pour ½ of the can of enchilada sauce onto the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the spinach filling down the middle of a tortilla.
- Roll the tortilla and place seam side down in the baking dish.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Pour the remaining ½ can of enchilada sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake covered 25 minutes, and then uncover for 10 minutes more.
- Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
*If you'd like to make Light Spinach Enchiladas, use light cream cheese, light sour cream and reduced fat cheese.