Spice Cake Bars – 12 Days of Cookies
Today is the final day of The Budget Diet’s 12 Days of Cookies, and I hope you’ve discovered plenty of new recipes to try for your cookie exchange.
|Spice Cake Bars – Cake Mix Cookies!||
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3 eggs, large
- 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1 box powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup butterscotch chips (optional)
- ½ cup coconut (optional)
- ½ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Mix together cake mix, butter and 1 egg.
- Press into the bottom of a greased 9″ x 13″ pan.
- If desired, press the butterscotch chips, coconut and chopped pecans into the cake mixture.
- Mix together remaining 2 eggs, cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Pour over cake mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until set around the edges. They will be soft in the middle.
- Cool completely on a wire rack and then refrigerate before cutting into squares.
Spice Cake Bars are yummy and gooey, so if you’re taking them to a cookie exchange, bring them on a festive paper plate wrapped in cellophane and tied with a ribbon.
If you’ve missed any recipes this week, just click on the links below!