by Kristl on June 19, 2012
Recipe type: Salad
Author: Kristl Story, TheBudgetDiet.com
Serves: 4 main dish, 8 side salads
The perfect salad to go with your Tex-Mex favorites like Chicken Enchiladas or add chicken to make it a dinner salad.
- 1 romaine lettuce, cut-up or 1 package of romaine hearts
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1, 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1, 15 oz. can of corn or mexi-corn, drained
- 2 cups mexi-cheese, shredded
- 1, 6 oz. can black olives, drained
- 2 cups tortilla chips, crushed
- diced chicken (optional, but a great way to use up leftover chicken!)
- ¼ c. ranch dressing (reduced fat works fine!)
- ¼ c. salsa
- Toss together lettuce, tomatoes, black beans, corn, cheese, black olives & tortilla chips in a large salad bowl.
- Southwest Salad Dressing: mix together ranch dressing & salsa.
- Toss salad with Southwest Salad Dressing.