If you’re taking Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars to a cookie exchange, and you need a packaging idea, I suggest a small red paper plate wrapped in cellophane and ties with a red ribbon. Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars are a bit sticky, so the paper plates work well.
|Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars||
- 2 cans Pillsbury Recipe Ready Crescent Rolls (note: Pillsbury’s Recipe Ready Crescents do not have any seams!)
- 2, 8oz. blocks cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 stick butter, melted
- ⅛ cup cinnamon
- Grease a 9″ x 13″ pan.
- Press 1 can of the crescent rolls in the bottom of the pan.
- Mix together cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar and vanilla. Spread on top of the crescent roll base.
- Open the second can of crescent rolls and lay on top of the cream cheese filling.
- Combine the melted butter with the other 1 cup of sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely, refrigerate and cut into squares.
- Yield: 4 dozen small squares or 12 large pieces if you’re serving Sopapilla Cheesecake.
Tomorrow’s recipe on the final day of The Budget Diet’s 12 Days of Cookies is Spice Cake Bars.