After eating sausage and peppers at a buffet recently my boyfriend was begging me to make some for him at home. This is a really easy recipe I put together that my boyfriend raved about. He loved the sauce so much we had it over pasta the next night!
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage links
- 2 cans Hunts spaghetti sauce ( I use 1 can Garlic & Herb and 1 can Zesty & Spicy)
- 1 large yellow onion sliced into ½ inch think long slices
- 3 bell peppers (any color) sliced into ½ inch think long slices
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic salt
- French bread hoagie rolls
- In a medium sauce pan boil water.
- With a sharp knife pierce the side of each sausage.
- Place in the boiling water and cook for about 2 minutes. This will help cook off excess grease and help easily remove the liners.
- Take the sausage out of the water and remove liners.
- Line your slow cooker with
- Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners
- This will cut your cleaning time in half if not more!
- Place sausage, bell peppers and onions into the slow cooker.
- Add the sauce and season with about 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Set to cook on low for 6 hours.
- After the 6 hours stir everything and taste.
- Add garlic salt to taste.
written by: Kelly Noble
Kelly Noble is the Relationship Manager for FoodServiceWarehouse.com where she writes about food trends and favorite wines.