Sex and the City 2 comes out on DVD October 26th, so now’s the time to plan a party!
A Sex and the City party is perfect for a girls night in, and it won’t break the bank!
Sex and the City Party Invitations:
- E-vite has a Sex and the City Party invitation, and it’s FREE! If you haven’t tried e-vite.com, it’s FREE, easy to use and they’ll keep track of your rsvp’s!
- Invitation wording:
Bring on the cosmos and couture!
Sex and the City 2 is coming out on DVD, and just as the four fabulous Manhattanites would, we need to make this a night to remember!
Don’t miss out on the fun night of fancy finger food, girl talk, and accessory swap, a trivia contest, the movie and more!
Please bring a gently used fashionable accessory for the swap…suggestions: scarves, hats, purses or big baubles that are collecting dust in your closet! Just think…with a little luck you may go home with an accessory you adore!
Party attire: fashionable outfits inspired by your favorite characters are encouraged!
- Invitation Cost: $0
Sex and the City Party Decorations:
- Fancy Shoe Boxes
- Fabulous Shoes
- Fashion Magazines
- Pink, White & Black Balloons
- White Tulle (netting)
- Pink Curling Ribbon
- Create a centerpiece using a pile of fancy shoe boxes, shoes and magazines.
- Run white tulle around the centerpiece.
- Scatter strands of pink curling ribbon all over the table.
- Stand back and admire your Sex and the City centerpiece!
- Decoration Cost: $10 for balloons (The secret to frugal entertaining is working with what you have!)
Sex and the City Party Drinks:
- Cosmos…of course!
- Having 1 signature cocktail will help keep costs down.
Food…we served fun finger food, but you could opt for Chinese take-out like the Sex and the City gals!
- Sushi Tray
- Popcorn…lots of fun flavors!
- Martini Glasses filled with M&M’s
- Food & Drink Cost for a party with 10 guests: $30.
Sex and the City Party Game – Accessory Swap:
- Everybody brings a gently used accessory to swap…purses, scarves, hat or costume jewelry.
- Display all the accessories on a table.
- To begin, sit in a circle and have everybody tell the story of their unwanted accessory. For example, I won this purse in a raffle, and it’s not my style or my sister-in-law gave me this elegant scarf, but I never dress up!
- Now it’s time to draw numbers and start swapping.
- #1 gets to choose the accessory they want, then #2 and so on! Of course, to make it fun…stealing is encouraged, but remember only 3 steals per accessory.
- Accessory Swap Cost: $0
Sex and the City Trivia Game Questions:
- Question: Why did Charlotte quit her job at the museum?
- Answer: To start a family with Trey
- Question: Who wrote the book that the TV show is based on?
- Answer: Candace Bushnell
- Question: What newspaper does Carrie write for?
- Answer: New York Star
- Question: Who did Dolce & Gabbana select to model in a show for them in the 4th season?
- Answer: Carrie
- Question: Which of the girls married first?
- Answer: Charlotte
- Question: Which girl was first to have a baby?
- Answer: Miranda
- Question: Which girl is oldest?
- Answer: Samantha
- Question: What was the name of Steve’s bar?
- Answer: Scout
- We bought a painted martini glass from Homegood’s ($4) for the winner or splurge on these super cute Sex and The City martini glasses from Amazon!
- Trivia Game Cost: $4 for the prize!
End the evening with popcorn and the Sex and the City 2 movie that you’ll rent!
Total Party Cost: less than $50!