by Kristl on December 24, 2012
Tickets for a family of four to a baseball game $100 – plus parking, plus concessions!
Fun on a budget?
15 Ways to Have Fun for Less
- Groupon.com is a great source for huge savings on fun things to do in your area like 62% off admission at the Houston Museum of Natural Science! Sign up to receive the best daily deals!
- Try a high school football game or theatre performance for a cheap evening out.
- How about breakfast and a movie? AMC theatres offer $6 movies before noon.
- Watch your old wedding video and family videos.
- Pull out your wedding album on your anniversary.
- Have a wine tasting night at home and discover your favorite cheap wine. Simply cover a few bottles with brown paper, taste and rate!
- Host a cooking school for your kids – it’s time to stop watching the Food Channel and start cooking!
- Game night is a great family tradition to start! For a fun twist, add silly bets like loser does the dishes!
- Create your own Wii Family Olympics by playing a different sport each night – ideal for winter break.
- Check out FactoryToursUSA.com for a state by state listing of free tours.
- Pizza Taste Test – buy assorted frozen pizzas, taste, rate and choose your new favorite.
- Start a family tradition of having ice cream sundaes on Saturday!
- Try Minute to Win It challenges at home, click here for a list of challenge ideas.
- Bring back home birthday parties! You really don’t need to spend $300+ for an ice skating party or Build-A-Bear party. The Budget Diet’s party index has ideas for all ages.
- Enjoy the outdoors – take a hike, go for a bike ride, watch the sunset! Mother Nature has a lot of free fun to offer.
- If you’re a Bank of America customer, enjoy free admission to zoo’s and museums the first weekend of every month! Check their website for a complete listing of participating museums and zoos.
- When’s the last time you went to the library? Check out books, movies and more.
- Don’t forget about organizations like Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts and 4H for affordable fun!
How do you have fun for less?