Pumpkin Crunch Cake (a.k.a. Pumpkin Dump Cake or Pumpkin Cobbler)
What is it about fall that makes me crave pumpkin desserts like Pumpkin Crunch Cake? A pumpkin dessert baking in my oven is the best aromatherapy, and when it's done, Pumpkin Crunch Cake is dessert therapy! Pumpkin Crunch Cake is what I like to call this delicious concoction, but it's also known as Pumpkin Dump Cake or Pumpkin Cobbler. Whatever you want to call it, just make sure to serve it warm with vanilla ice cream! It's a quick and easy recipe to get your pumpkin fix!
- 1, 15 oz. can of pumpkin or 1¾ cups homemade pumpkin puree
- 1, 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 350
- Beat together pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt and eggs until smooth.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Sprinkle cake mix over pumpkin mixture.
- Sprinkle pecans over cake mix.
- Pour melted butter evenly over the pecans.
- Bake for 45 - 50 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
recipe adapted from Give Thanks to God cookbook.