Pumpkin Cheesecake - As Good As The Cheesecake Factory!
Pumpkin Cheesecake is my favorite fall dessert and ideal for your Thanksgiving dinner! This Pumpkin Cheesecake is frugalicious (frugal and delicious) because it will cost you less than $10 to make. Compare that to just under $50 for The Cheesecake Factory's Pumpkin Cheesecake, and yes - it's as good as The Cheesecake Factory! Actually it's better...thanks to the gingersnap crust and amazing pumpkin creme topping!
- Gingersnap Crust Ingredients:
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2½ cups gingersnap crumbs (approximately 1, 12 oz. box of gingersnaps crumbled in a food processor)
- ¼ cup sugar
- Cheesecake Ingredients:
- 4, 8oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1, 15 oz. can solid-packed pumpkin
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Pumpkin CremeTopping Ingredients:
- 1, 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 8 oz. whipped topping (store brand Cool Whip is fine!)
- Crust Instructions
- Preheat oven to 325
- Grease a 10" springform pan
- Wrap the springform pan tightly with heavy duty aluminum foil - the extra wide roll works best!
- Mix together melted butter, ginger snap crumbs and sugar
- Press mixture on bottom and up sides of springform pan
- Bake 15 minutes
- Cheesecake Instructions
- Beat cream cheese until smooth
- Beat in sugar
- Beat in sour cream
- Beat in pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger and cloves until combined
- Pour into crust
- Place foil wrapped springform pan in a large roasting pan and place in preheated 325 oven
- Slowly add boiling water until it comes up about halfway on the springform pan - aka a water bath
- Bake 1 hour and 40 minutes (center will not look set!)
- Turn oven off
- Leave pumpkin cheesecake in the oven for 1 more hour
- Remove from the roasting pan and cool on a wire rack for 1½ hours
- Topping Instructions
- Beat together the remaining 1 package of cream cheese with ½ cup sugar and 1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread on cheesecake.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Add some variety to your Thanksgiving menu and serve Pumpkin Cheesecake instead of Pumpkin Pie…it will be one less thing to cook on Thanksgiving Day!!! Pumpkin Cheesecake must be made the day ahead, and it will be wonderful even if you make it 2 – 3 days ahead.