by Kristl on September 20, 2012
|Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Filling||
Recipe type: Bread
Author: Kristl Story, TheBudgetDiet.com
This is the best Pumpkin Bread! Once you try it, you’ll never go back to plain pumpkin bread again! It looks fancy, but it’s easy…I promise!
- 1, 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 T. flour
- 1 egg
- zest of 1 orange
- 1⅔ c. flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- ½ t. salt
- ½ t. cinnamon
- ½ t. cloves, ground
- ½ t. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 c. pumpkin
- ½ c. vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1½ c. sugar
- Preheat oven to 325
- Grease 2, 8 x 4 loaf pans
- Beat together cream cheese, ½ c. sugar, 1 T. flour, 1 egg and orange zest until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine 1⅔ c. flour, 1 t. baking soda, ½ t. salt, ½ t. cinnamon, ½ t. cloves and ½ t. pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin, vegetable oil, 2 eggs and 1½ c. sugar until smooth. Add the flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour half of the batter into the loaf pans, top with the cream cheese mixture, then pour the remaining batter on top.
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 15 minutes, then remove bread from pans to cool completely on wire racks.
recipe from AllRecipes.com