Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Filling
This is the best Pumpkin Bread! Once you try it, you'll never go back to plain pumpkin bread again! It looks fancy, but it's easy...I promise!
- 1, 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 T. flour
- 1 egg
- zest of 1 orange
- 1⅔ c. flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- ½ t. salt
- ½ t. cinnamon
- ½ t. cloves, ground
- ½ t. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 c. pumpkin
- ½ c. vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1½ c. sugar
- Preheat oven to 325
- Grease 2, 9 x 5 loaf pans
- Beat together cream cheese, ½ c. sugar, 1 T. flour, 1 egg and orange zest until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine 1⅔ c. flour, 1 t. baking soda, ½ t. salt, ½ t. cinnamon, ½ t. cloves and ½ t. pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin, vegetable oil, 2 eggs and 1½ c. sugar until smooth. Add the flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour half of the batter into the loaf pans, top with the cream cheese mixture, then pour the remaining batter on top. Note: Don't try to evenly spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the pumpkin, just do your best to distribute it fairly evenly and don't worry if it does not completely cover the pumpkin.
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 15 minutes, then remove bread from pans to cool completely on wire racks.
recipe from AllRecipes.com