Love those leftovers!
If you have too much pumpkin bread, try my latest recipe creation: Pumpkin Bread Truffles! They’re bite-sized pumpkin morsels dipped in white chocolate…YUMMY!
No leftover pumpkin bread? Start by baking a loaf, and then proceed with the Pumpkin Bread Truffle recipe. Click here for my favorite Pumpkin Bread recipe, just omit the cream cheese filling if you’re using it to make truffles.
|Pumpkin Bread Truffles||
- 1 leftover loaf of pumpkin bread (standard 8″ x 4″)
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened (1/2 of a block)
- ½ stick butter, softened
- 1¾ cups powdered sugar
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 package Wilton’s white candy melts (available at Michael’s or JoAnn’s)
- Crumble the pumpkin bread in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the cream cheese frosting by beating together cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and orange zest.
- Using a beater, mix together the crumbled pumpkin bread and cream cheese frosting until combined.
- Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Form 1″ balls with the pumpkin bread/cream cheese frosting mixture and place on the baking sheet.
- Freeze 1 hour.
- Melt the Wilton’s white candy melts according to package directions.
- Dip the frozen balls in the white chocolate until coated.
- Let dry on wax paper.
- Store in refrigerator.