One of my favorite childhood memories was our neighborhood’s Fourth of July party, and looking back, I realize that it was nothing more than a pot luck!
In the spirit of cheap entertaining…The Budget Diet girl would like to suggest that you bring back the pot luck dinner!
Gather your friends, family or neighbors for an old-fashioned pot luck at your house or at the park.
Pot luck dinners are FUN!
Pot luck dinners require very little planning! A simple phone call or e-mail does the trick!
Pot luck dinners are cheap!
You can even spice it up a little with a theme…Mexican, Italian, dessert only, international foods or a recipe exchange.
Whenever we’re invited to a pot luck, my children always ask me to bring homemade macaroni & cheese, so here’s the cheap, easy & quick recipe!
|Homemade Macaroni and Cheese – Best Macaroni and Cheese||
- 16 oz. box elbow macaroni
- 2, 12 oz. cans evaporated milk
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz. mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 8 oz. Velveeta
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- ½ stick butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare macaroni according to package directions.
- Drain and set aside.
- Over low heat, warm the evaporated milk.
- Add cheddar cheese, Mexican blend cheese, Velveeta, cream cheese and butter.
- Stir in egg.
- Stir in cooked macaroni.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 greased casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
So…why don’t you call a few friends or neighbors today & have a pot luck for Memorial Day!