Portobello Mushroom Tacos
If you've never tried Portobello Mushrooms, they're a hearty and healthy substitute for meat. Portobello Mushroom Tacos are your answer for a quick and easy vegetarian dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1, 24 ounce package of baby portobello mushrooms*, sliced and stems removed
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning**
- 8 fajita size corn or flour tortillas
- optional toppings: cheese, sour cream, guacamole, lettuce, tomato
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the mushrooms, bell pepper and onion - saute 8 minutes or until tender.
- Drain off the excess water.
- Stir in the taco seasoning.
- Serve in tortillas.
- Add additional topping if desired.
*Costco is a great place to buy an inexpensive package of Baby Portobello Mushrooms. **Try The Budget Diet's frugalicious and fast recipe for taco seasoning! Just look in the recipe index found on the left side of this page.