Don't tell me that you don't like pimiento cheese if you've only tried the nasty tub of orange stuff at the grocery! That's not the real deal! You can't even compare it to homemade pimiento cheese. Give this easy recipe a try, and let me know if I've converted you into a Pimiento Cheese lover! Delicious on a sandwich or serve with crackers for an appetizer. Round out your lunch with a fruit salad! It's a delicious Southern lunch!
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 4 oz. diced pimientos (do not drain)
- 16 oz. white cheddar, shredded
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar, shredded
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder and pimientos until smooth.
- Add cheeses and mix with your hands until uniform in consistency.
- Store in refrigerator and use for sandwiches or serve with crackers.
Experiment with various combinations of cheeses like 16 oz. sharp cheddar and 8 oz. smoked gouda. Another zippy combo is 16 oz. mild cheddar and 8 oz. pepper jack.